Robert M. Higgins Named
Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year
Best Lawyers® Names Robert Higgins the 2015 Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year
August 19, 2014
BOSTON, MA—Best Lawyers®, the most prominent peer-review publication in the legal profession, has named Robert M. Higgins Boston’s 2015 "Lawyer of the Year” for Plaintiffs Medical Malpractice Law. Only a single lawyer in each area of law in each region is being honored as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
Higgins, a partner at Lubin & Meyer is well known for his work in the courtroom having achieved some of the Commonwealth’s largest jury verdicts—including a $16.7 million verdict awarded just 2 months ago to a Boston woman who died of lung cancer after a radiologist missed evidence of the cancer in a chest X-ray. Higgins' other notable verdicts include:
- $40 million award (Massachusetts' largest personal injur award) for a baby brain damaged at birth
- $19.8 million verdict for a doctor’s failure to diagnose cervical cancer
- $14.5 million award for the failure of doctors to diagnose and treat an infection leading to the death of 40-year-old woman
- $13.5 million verdict for the failure of doctors to diagnose and treat abdominal compartment syndrome leading to the death of a 30-year-old woman
- $7.2 million award for a doctor’s failure to diagnose breast cancer.
Best Lawyers compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. The current, 20th edition of The Best Lawyers in America® (2015) is based on more than 5.5 million votes by other lawyers.
The lawyers being honored as “Lawyers of the Year” have received particularly high ratings in our surveys by earning a high level of respect among their peers for their abilities, professionalism, and integrity.
Steven Naifeh, president of Best Lawyers, says, “We continue to believe—as we have believed for more than 25 years—that recognition by one’s peers is the most meaningful form of praise in the legal profession. We would like to congratulate Robert M. Higgins on being selected as the Boston Best Lawyers Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year for 2015.”
Return to Medical Malpractice Lawyer News index