Nationally recognized Boston boutique law firm specializing in plaintiff’s personal injury with an emphasis on medical malpractice seeks a bright, energetic litigation assistant to work with prominent trial attorney and senior level associate.
Candidate must be able to work independently on pleadings, E-discovery, file organization, and trial support and be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Outlook, Excel), Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Federal Court ECF system.
- Prepare/revise/finalize correspondence, pleadings, documents and other clerical assignments as delegated in supporting complex civil litigation practice in Massachusetts state and federal courts
- Familiarity with discovery matters and procedural rules
- Maintain attorney calendars; make travel arrangements
- Maintain electronic and paper client files
- File documents with appropriate courts, including e-filings
- Schedule depositions and client meetings
- Communicate with clients, attorneys, experts and courts as necessary
- Applicant must have solid interpersonal skills, be proactive, detail-oriented, highly organized, dependable, punctual and have a professional attitude, appearance and demeanor
- Post high school degree preferred; high school degree or equivalent mandatory
- 5+ years of recent Boston litigation experience within a law firm
- Must have ability to write and communicate effectively and professionally with excellent proofreading skills
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment
- Typing of 65+ wpm
- Strong organizational and document management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment by organizing and prioritizing multiple time-sensitive tasks on a daily basis
- Reliability, teamwork, professionalism, ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail is a must
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit résumé to email@example.com